Copyright © 2020 Redeemer Lutheran Church. All rights reserved.
Redeemer Lutheran Church is a member of Lutheran Church-Canada
Welcome! It's our prayer that this site will help you get to know a little about us, point to what--and in Whom--we believe, and share some things that we are doing.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you see something you don't understand here, or something that strikes you as strange or different. We'd be happy to share the opportunity to learn more with you about God's love for you and us in Jesus Christ.
Your personal information will not be used for purposes other than to answer your questions, or permit us, at your request, to be in contact with you.
God bless you, your family, and your day!
> See our
Redeemer Lutheran--Public Worship & Ministry Update--We're Open
We abide by the current Public Health restrictions, wich currently allows in-person worship.
We ask you not to come if you do not feel well.
We also ask that masks be worn while entering and exiting service; once seated, masks may be removed, although still are recommended for singing.
This page was last updated: November 9, 2021
Phone: 250 768 9393
Address: 3637 Brown Road
West Kelowna, BC V4T 1P7
"O Come, Let Us Worship the Lord!"
Please see our Schedule of Events!
Jesus Christ - Son of God - Saviour!
What joy to receive this Good News! We rely on God's Word to create and sustain living faith in Jesus, our Saviour.
In worship, we follow what's called The Church Year calendar. It focuses our faith by presenting two main themes.
Theme I follows the Life of Jesus Christ from Advent through Easter season, including
- The preparation of Advent--repentance and anticipation of God fulfilling His promises to come to save His people.
- His birth, the reason to celebrate at Christmas
- The Epiphany, the revealing that this human Person is indeed also God with us, for all people. Epiphany includes Jesus' baptism, to come under the Law on our behalf, His miracles, and ends with His Transfiguration--God's glory shone in Jesus--showing His identity that prepares for the truth of what He would do in going the Way of the Cross.
- Lent calls forth for hearing the truth of our sin and brokenness that results in death, with God's call to have a change of heart and mind--repentance, turning from our sins, and looking to His Innocent Son, seeing and trusting what the Son of God did for us, bearing the suffering and punishment we deserve in our place.
- The Passion of Our Lord - Holy Week. Jesus, whose name means Saviour, bore the rejection of all humankind - yes also yours and mine. He suffered, was crucified and died on the cross. Holy Communion points to and delivers to us the very body and blood of the Lord, given on that cross once for all, for the forgiveness of our sins. The Lamb of God, Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ (the Messiah) bore the just wrath of the Holy God against our disobedience and sins in His body lifted high upon the cross.
- The Resurrection of this same crucified Lord -- On the third Day! Jesus who lay down His life, took up His life and rose from the dead. He showed Himself to His Apostles, Mary and the women who followed Him, at one time to 500.
- Jesus Ascended into heaven 40 days after Resurrection.
- And on Pentecost, He gave the promised Holy Spirit to empower the spread of the Good News of forgiveness of sins by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Holy Trinity confesses our Triune God - Three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- yet One God.
Theme II, the "non-festival" half, focuses on the growth and life of the Church. God's Word prepares and activates His people to be His witnesses in word and action. It directs us to live in view of Jesus' coming again at the End of Time.
Life in Jesus is the result of His power at work in you when you draw near in humility, to receive His gifts through the hearing of His Word and receiving His Sacraments (Holy Baptism, the Lord's Supper) for forgiveness that receives His wonderful gift of everlasting Life.
We invite you to worship.
Do you live near us? ; ) See you in person!
-- Pastor Jonathan Asmus and Redeemer Congregation
Redeemer Lutheran Church
West Kelowna, BC